Women are not small men.
They need a different approach to health, nutrition and exercise.
Women's health is not just about periods and reproduction.
It's about health in general for half the humans on Earth.
In this training Kira Sutherland and Lara Briden take a deep dive into the menstrual cycle and how it can affect female athletes.
WOMEN, SPORT & THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE
A 4-part training on how women's hormones are affected by exercise, diet and nutrition,
and how hormones impact exercise energy and general health of athletic women.
ACCESS THIS TRAINING TO LEARN
- Diets that work for women and hormone health
- How women's nutrition needs are different to men
- Women and calories, proteins and carbohydrates
- How under-eating and low carb diets impact hormones
- Understand how the energy systems in the body work
- Hormone production schedules
- Ovulation as a signal of health
- The hormonal impact of birth control & PCOS
- The benefits to training with the cycle
- Treatments to resume menstruation
- Hormonal changes in Perimenopause and Menopause
- Nutrient needs for hormonal health and energy
- How insulin resistance affects on hormones
- Stimulating hormones with good nutrition
- Nutrition guidelines for female athletes
- How the female athlete triad works
- Daily needs for fuelling and recovery for female athletes
- Who does well with a low-carb diet and why
- Signs your patient needs more carbohydrates
- Endocrine responses to Relative Energy Deficiency (RED)
- Over-training symptoms
- Clinical assessment guidelines
Whilst this training was recorded while given to Naturopaths and Nutritionists, other practitioners, coaches, trainers and interested individuals may be able to gain some insights also.
Meet the Instructors
This masterclass is a collaborative presentation from Kira Sutherland and Lara Briden.
Kira is an experienced Nutritionist and Naturopath that specialises in Sports Nutrition. She has been working in health education for over 20 years with an array of clients both within Australia and overseas.
Her collaborations have ranged from private colleges, health conferences, executives, sports teams, individual athletes and the media. In her spare time she trains and competes in Iron Man triathlons and practice what she preaches.
Lara Briden is a naturopathic doctor and the period revolutionary—leading the change to better periods. Informed by a strong science background and more than twenty years with patients, Lara is a passionate communicator about women’s health and alternatives to hormonal birth control.
Lara has helped thousands of women find relief for period problems such as PCOS, PMS, endometriosis, and perimenopause.